'Barfi!' in trouble over negative portrayal of Kashmiri sportsman
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A Kashmiri sportsman has threatened to sue the makers of 'Barfi!' for allegedly portraying him in a negative light without his consent.
The film, starring Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra, is India's official entry at the Oscars next year. It has been directed by Anurag Basu.
Majid Youusf Dar, a sports manager and son of Kashmir's football star Mohammad Yousuf, was apparently shown among the bank robbers in the movie.
"My client (Majid Youusf Dar) has been portrayed as a bank robber in the movie without his consent," Dar's lawyer Abid Banday said, adding they were planning to send a legal notice to the producers.
"He is not an ordinary person... he is a sports icon of the valley," the lawyer said.
Director Basu has already been criticised for allegedly copying scenes from other Hollywood movies in the film.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held