Battle for control breaks out in The Hindu very divided family
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Murali was eventually removed from the position of the MD. A formal announcement to this effect, however, has not been made as yet.
Meanwhile, Ram declined to comment on whether the board had decided to divest Murali of his powers saying it was an internal matter of the company.
On allegations of irregularities in appointments of family members, he said: "Any appointment of a relative of a Director that needed approval by both the Board of Directors and Shareholders before going to the central government was approved unanimously without a murmur of dissent by any Director or Shareholder. Every one of the 12 Directors of the Company approved every such appointment."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'