BCCI discuss tax related issues in working committee meeting
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The BCCI working committee met here today to discuss tax related issues and president N Srinivasan apprised the members about the current situation regarding the the hefty income tax imposed on it by the Central government.
"The BCCI has been issued a notice by the Income Tax department charging amount to the tune of Rs 2300 crores. The BCCI had already paid Rs 1000 crores. The president today apprised the members about the current situation and sought their opinion about what needs to be done regarding the payment of additional Rs 1300 crores," a senior working committee member told PTI.
It has been learnt that the BCCI top brass will certainly be taking the opinion of their legal experts on this issue.
Apart from tax related issues, today's working committee meeting did not have any other agenda on the table.
Karnataka State Cricket Association president Anil Kumble, who normally attends all working committee meetings, was absent with KSCA secretary Javagal Srinath representing the state body.
Tomorrow the BCCI will have a meeting related to IPL venues and playing conditions here, where the curators of different centres staging IPL matches have been summoned to instruct them about nature of pitches expected during the cash-rich league.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held