BCM wins 35 awards in flower show at PAU
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
BCM Arya Model Senior Secondary School, Shastri Nagar, won 35 awards at the two-day "Dr M S Randhawa Memorial Flower Show and Competition" which ended at the Punjab Agricultural University on Friday.
The show was jointly co-ordinated by the Department of Floriculture and Landscaping, Estate Organisation and the Department of Family Resource Management of PAU. The other prize winners were DAV Public School, BRS Nagar (23); IREO Water Front (21); Guru Nanak Public School, Sarabha Nagar (18); Technocare Nursery and Garden Centre (17); and Guru Nanak Girls' College, Model Town, and College of Education for Women, Sidhwan Khurd, with 14 prizes each.
Chief guest Dr Ajay Pal Singh Gill, former Professor of Floriculture, PAU, said the multi-hued flowers convey a strong message of harmony and peaceful co-existence.
Guest of honour Dr J S Dhiman, Additional Director of Research (Natural Resource and Plant Health Management), PAU, hoped the display of flowers would send a message among the people to look after nature and learn to live in harmony and peace.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet