BECC wins thriller to claim U-12 title
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Riding high on Ibadat's impressive knock of 49 runs, Black Elephant Cricket Club, Patiala, recorded a narrow one-wicket win over Billa Bong CA Noida, in a thrilling final match of the U-12 North Zone cricket tournament played for Solosun International Cricket Trophy played at Patiala on Sunday. The BECC batsmen hit the winning run off the last ball of the match.
Batting first, Billa Bong Cricket Academy posted a total of 157 runs for the loss of five wickets. Mihir Gupta (41) and Rishiket Sisodia (36) were the main scorers for the batting team. For BECC, Yuvraj Verma (2 for 26) and Haren Goyal (2 for 23) bowled well to bag two wickets each. In reply, BECC team reached the target on the last ball of the match, to emerge victorious. Ibadat led the run chase with his superb knock of 49 runs.
Brief scores: Billa Bong CA: 157 for 5 in 35 overs (Mihir Gupta 41, Rishiket Sisodia 36, Kush 23 no, Kavish 24, Yuvraj Verma 2 for 26, Haren Goyal 2 for 23) lost to Black Elephant Cricket Club:159 for 9 in 35 overs (Ibadat 49, Riteshwar 26, Tribhuwan 23, Abhishek Singh 21 no, Sparsh 3 for 21, Kavish 1 for 25).
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet