Berger Paints India to acquire Sherwin Williams unit
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians continue to lose wickets
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Berger Paints today said it will acquire the architectural operations of Sherwin Williams Paints India for an undisclosed sum. The acquisition will be carried out through Berger's wholly-owned subsidiary, Brushworks Paints Ltd, the company said in a filing to the BSE.
Commenting on the development, Berger Paints India Chairman K S Dhingra said: "This transaction will significantly increase our presence in key markets, it builds on our strategy to grow our architectural paint business throughout India..."
Berger Paints manufactures and markets a range of decorative and industrial paints in India. It has seven manufacturing plants.
The company's scrips were trading at Rs 206.10 per share in the afternoon trade, up 2.28 per cent from the previous close on the BSE.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held