Betting racket busted, four arrested
- India to convey concerns over Ladakh incursion to Chinese Premier
- IPL spot-fixing case: Delhi Police to trace money trail in four cities
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians bowl, Sachin Tendulkar misses out
- Rajapaksa slams Tamil diaspora for lack of support in reconciliation process
- 5 differently abled orphan girls beaten, raped in Jaipur residential school
The crime branch of Pune police late on Thursday arrested four persons for allegedly operating a cricket betting racket from a room of a Mentions building on M G Road in Pimpri Camp. The suspects were betting for the India - Pakistan One Day International (ODI) match.
The suspects have been identified as Dinesh alias Gugu Dayamal Lohana (41) Rajesh Kishanchand Maya Ramani (38), both residents of Vaibhav Nagar in Pimprigaon, Manoj Gangaram Sugnani (42) of Shantivan Society in Pimpri and Haresh Fattumal Nasha (20), a resident of Pimpri.
Acting on a tip-off to senior inspector Bhanupratap Barge, the crime branch team raided the room in Mentions building and nabbed the suspects. Police recovered two LCD televisions, 10 mobile phones, one lap top, two set-top boxes, some cash and a register, all worth Rs 66,200. The offence was registered at Pimpri police station. Police have launched a hunt for five more persons involved in the racket.
Inspector Barge said the suspects have small businesses and were operating a racket in Pimpri area for the past one year. Police suspect more persons from Pimpri connected to the racket.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations