Beyonce signs multi-million pound soft drink deal
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
R&B star Beyonce Knowles has cemented her place as a top earning singer by signing a lucrative deal with Pepsi worth an estimated 31.3 million pounds.
The 31-year-old singer, who raises a daughter with husband Jay Z, has previously appeared in adverts for the firm, but she has now stepped up her involvement with the company by becoming the face of the brand and giving Pepsi sponsorship for her albums, concerts, photoshoots and music videos, reported Daily Star.
"Pepsi embraces creativity and understands that artists evolve. As a businesswoman, this allows me to work with a lifestyle brand with no compromise and without sacrificing my creativity," she said in a statement.
Lee Anne Callahan-Longo, who runs Beyonce's Parkwood Entertainment company, says the deal is more than just a regular brand sponsorship agreement.
"It's wise for a brand like Pepsi to give an artist the ability to truly express herself. Instead of just the old-school way of, 'Do you want to be in an advertisement?' This is much bigger. This is, 'How can we create something together that is truly unique?,'" Lee Anne said.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow