Bhatts lose 'Jannat 2' battle against Kapil Chopra
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
A few months back, writer Kapil Chopra was a worried man, courtesy, the legal battle between him and the Bhatts, who allegedly used his script for their film 'Jannat 2' without crediting him for it. This made Chopra sue the Bhatts for Rs. 10 lakhs as well to credit him for the story. But today, Chopra is a relived man as the court passed the judgement in his favour, which resulted in him getting double the said amount.
Not just that, since he had filed the case post the theatrical release of the film, his name was not possible to be added to the credits as well as the in the DVDs. But since the court had ordered to settle the matter before airing the film on TV or internet, last Sunday's TV premiere of the film saw Chopra's name in the credits. Kapil said that after a long battle for his rights, he was relieved. He added that many fellow writers have appreciated his efforts.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'