Bhiwani double murder: Har Police announce reward of Rs 2 lakh
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Police today announced a reward of Rs two lakh for any information on a notorious criminal who allegedly killed two brothers in this district yesterday.
Bhiwani's Superintendent of Police, Simardeep Singh said police teams were searching for Kolbir, a resident of village Bond Kalan and the main accused in the double murder case.
The situation in the village which had been tense following the murders was peaceful today.
Yesterday, an irate mob allegedly torched a police station in the village, burnt three jeeps and some motorcycles that were parked outside, clashed with the police leaving 12 persons, including four cops injured and blocked the highway connecting Rohtak with Narnaul and Dadri.
The villagers alleged that cops had failed to take any action against Kolbir who killed the two brothers in the village on Wednesday. They also alleged that Kolbir was a proclaimed offender who had jumped parole and had been harassing the villagers.
The villagers have given police time till tomorrow to arrest the accused or face agitation.
There are four others also wanted in the case, all of whom are on the run.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held