Bhupathi-Nestor, Sania-Mattek bow out of Indian Wells event
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Indian challenge ended at the ATP Indian Wells Masters with the shock first round defeats of Mahesh Bhupathi and Sania Mirza in their respective events, here.
The third seeded pair of Bhupathi and Canadian Daniel Nestor bowed out of the men's doubles with a 4-6 6-7 (4) defeat against Spaniard Feliciano Lopez and Milos Raonic of Canada.
Rohan Bopanna had also made a first round exit in the same event with American partner Rajeev Ram.
In the women's doubles, eighth seeded team of Sania and America's Bethanie Mattek-Sands went down fighting 7-6 (8) 3-6 6-10 against American Lisa Raymond and Samantha Stosur of Australia in their opening round clash.
Somdev Devvarman had failed to enter for the main draw of the men's singles with the first-round defeat in the qualifiers.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM