Bicycle bank to help poor students ride their way to better education
The GM of Union Bank of India was happy to sanction Rs 50,000 from the bank's corporate social responsibility (CSR) funds for the unique project. "The proprietor of Sardar Cycle Mart supported the endeavour providing 15 bicycles (Hercules Sparx) at a highly discounted rate,'' added the official.
The institute proposes to collaborate with public sector banks and companies for 300 bicycles and replicate the initiative in other cities of the state where it conducts coaching classes to groom students from the weaker sections of society for competitive exams.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- 'Sree spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry'
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow