Big B choked with emotions while shooting a scene for film Satyagraha
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
- FIR filed against Facebook for not discontinuing hate page
Amitabh Bachchan was choked with emotions while shooting a scene for Prakash Jha's Satyagraha. The scene required the actor to hold aloft the Indian flag and Big B was emotionally choked while enacting the scene.
On his blog, Big B wrote, "What is it about National Flags and National Anthems, that brings that undeclared emotion within us? Why is it that when we hold our tricolor, sing our 'jan gan man ..', that we choke with emotion.
What makes those hardened athletes that stand on the victory podium during the Olympic medal ceremony, drop a tear as their nations' flag climbs up on the flagstaff in a stadium filled to capacity. Why do I feel similar today at the shooting, even though it is the enactment of a scene for the film that I work on - 'Satyagraha' !
A sense of pride, honor, possession, … a sense that what I hold belongs to us the citizens of my country - we Indians !! This flag … this tricolor … this emblem of our identity … is mine !"
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'