Big B choked with emotions while shooting a scene for film Satyagraha
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Amitabh Bachchan was choked with emotions while shooting a scene for Prakash Jha's Satyagraha. The scene required the actor to hold aloft the Indian flag and Big B was emotionally choked while enacting the scene.
On his blog, Big B wrote, "What is it about National Flags and National Anthems, that brings that undeclared emotion within us? Why is it that when we hold our tricolor, sing our 'jan gan man ..', that we choke with emotion.
What makes those hardened athletes that stand on the victory podium during the Olympic medal ceremony, drop a tear as their nations' flag climbs up on the flagstaff in a stadium filled to capacity. Why do I feel similar today at the shooting, even though it is the enactment of a scene for the film that I work on - 'Satyagraha' !
A sense of pride, honor, possession, … a sense that what I hold belongs to us the citizens of my country - we Indians !! This flag … this tricolor … this emblem of our identity … is mine !"
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow