Big names skip pro-CM ‘intellectuals’ Haldia visit
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The much hyped fact-finding visit of pro-Mamata "intellectuals" to Haldia turned out to be a flop with several big names giving it a miss. Prominent faces like Suvaprasanna, Samir Aich, Arpita Ghosh, Bibhas Chakraborty, Joy Goswami, Shaonli Mitra were nowhere to be seen. Instead, some obscure names like poet Prasun Bhowmick, advocate Joydeep Mukherjee, academician Amiya Chowdhury, writer Pachu Roy and others visited Haldia.
Curiously, a senior doctor of Calcutta Medical College and Hospital, Dr Prabir Banerjee, took a casual leave to be part of the team.
Though escorted by police vehicles, the team was not allowed entry to the dock. Bhowmick said: "We faced total non-co-operation from the dock authorities".
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in ‘friendly fire’