Bikaner baby, with lips, nose cheek bitten off by father, dies
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to four-wicket win
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
A five-month-old-baby girl from Bikaner, whose father had bitten off parts of her lips, nose and cheek in a fit of rage, died at a government hospital here today.
"The condition of the baby deteriorated last night after she was breastfed by her mother. The milk entered into her lungs following which some complications developed and she was put on ventilator support but she died," Spokesperson of the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital here said.
The girl was operated upon on Februrary 1.
Police said the baby's 36-year-old father Bahadur Singh will be charged with murder.
The baby had underwent a reconstructive plastic surgery on February 1 at the Sawai Man Singh Government Hospital here and the doctors had said the baby was able to breathe and swallow better following the operation that went on for over five hours. But her condition turned critical following which she was put on ventilator early on Wednesday.
The accused, Bahadur Singh, worked as a trucker and after losing an arm in an accident had started working as an agricultural labourer.
Her three-year-old elder sister, who was also bitten on the back and hand, is in hospital too. The injuries on her hand have got infected.
The babies' mother has said she decided to flee her alcoholic husband of 17 years, Bhadar Singh, after he attacked both their daughters.
On the night of January 24, she said, he had come home drunk and asked her to do some work. She had said she had mehndi on her hand and asked him to wait.
Flying into a rage, Singh had allegedly first started beating her up and when their elder daughter raised an alarm, bit her on her back and hand.
Awakened by the commotion, the five-month old had started crying and Singh allegedly rushed to the baby, picked her up and bit off her nose and upper lip and swallowed them.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow