Bikaner baby, with lips, nose cheek bitten off by father, dies
She said she had fled the same night with her daughters and hidden in the fields. Next morning she had filed an FIR with the help of social workers. She has been socially ostracised since while her in-laws have been pressuring her to withdraw the case.
Deepak Kalra, Chairperson, Child Rights Commission said, "It is really very sad. She developed respiratory complications last night. She was put on ventilator and we were hoping that she would come out and fight like she was fighting for the last 10 days but unfortunately she succumbed to the complications.
"As you know the surgery was five-and-half hours long. There were three surgeries that were done at one go and then she had to undergo two more surgeries. The case was complicated and unfortunately she could not go through it," she said.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations