Biker killed in collision with truck
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
A 23-year-old man was killed in an accident after the motorcycle he was riding collided with a speeding truck near Industrial Area on Sunday evening.
A case of rash driving and causing death due to negligence was registered against the truck driver, Ranjit Singh, 25, who was arrested and later released on bail, a police officer said.
According to the officer, Rajesh was working as a labourer and residing in colony number 4, Industrial Area, with his parents and three sisters. On Sunday at around 7 pm, he left home to meet his friend when the accident took place.
"The victim was driving on a single road near the light point at colony number 4, when he tried to overtake a speeding truck. Due to the absence of street lights in the area, the victim's motorcycle collided with the truck on the driver's side and he sustained injuries. A passerby made the PCR call and the victim was rushed to the Government Medical College and Hospital in sector 32 where he was declared brought dead," the officer said.
Singh fled from the spot. A little while later, when he came to the police station to find out the status of the case, the complainant identified him.
He was arrested and later released on bail. "A case of rash driving and causing death due to negligence has been registered against him and further investigation is in progress," the officer added.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held