BJP asks Centre to intervene in Ayodhya dispute
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, seeks SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Railgate: BJP protests against CBI DIG for shielding Pawan Bansal
BJP on Friday demanded the Centre's intervention in the ongoing negotiation process of the Ayodhya dispute.
"During Atal Bihari Vajpayee's regime in the NDA government, the negotiation started by Kanchi Shankaracharya Jayendra Saraswati was almost finalised, now it the responsibility of union government to restart the movement from the same place where it stopped," BJP national general secretary and Member of Parliament Vinay Katiyar said.
He said, "Ayodhya dispute is not a local issue, it is now an international issue, concerned with Hindus and Muslims globally, to solve such a big issue, efforts must be done from the prime ministerial level."
Katiyar said, "We are accused of demolishing the Babri Masjid, but actually we were not behind the demolition. It was former prime minister Narsimha Rao who engineered the demolition. Even the makeshift temple of Ram lalla was made by Congress Prime Minister Narsimha Rao, BJP was not there."
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'