BJP fields 2012 loser for bypoll
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
In his first decision regarding party affairs in his home state after his unanimous election as BJP national president, Rajnath Singh on Friday gave his consent to the selection of Rajkumar Shahi as party candidate for Bhatpar Rani Assembly by-election, which has been caused by the death of Sports Minister Kameshwar Upadhyay.
Shahi had contested the general election in 2012 as BJP nominee and secured fourth spot with 11,353 votes. His security deposit was also forfeited. State BJP president Laxmikant Bajpai announced Shahi's candidature after consultation with Rajnath Singh and national general secretary (organisation) Ramlal. The by-election is scheduled for February 23.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow