BJP leader calls Sonia Gandhi 'dayan', makes scathing, sexual remarks, says FB hoax behind it
- Spot-fixing: Petition in SC seeks stay on IPL matches, demands SIT probe
- India, China call for end to incursion issue, sign 8 deals to boost ties
- Sanjay Dutt spends restless nights as officials yet to decide on his jail
- Aarushi murder case: Rajesh Talwar claims he was asleep when killings took place
- Yahoo! says will acquire Tumblr for $1.1 bn, eyes billion visitors mark
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) youth wing chief Anurag Thakur on Sunday denied having made a scathing remark on Congress President Sonia Gandhi on Facebook.
Thakur said the Facebook account in question was not his.
"I have made no comments on anyone. The newspaper which did this story, never, tried to find out if it is a fake account. They didn't even bother to ask me. I have never commented on any woman or, on any individual. It is all false," he said.
"On my Facebook account, there isn't anything like this. I think they should have asked me. Just to make a story, they have printed it. I have never said anything like that. I request the electronic and print media not to run any story that is false. I have never made any such comment in the past, nor will I make any such comments in the future," he added.
According to television reports, Thakur, in a post on his official Facebook account, had also made obscene remarks about a number of celebrities, including Mahesh Bhatt, Sherlyn Chopra, Sunny Leone and Poonam Pandey.
"The difference between India and Bharat is that India is the place where The Dirty Picture gets a national award. India is the place where Mahesh Bhatt talks about sex with his daughter. India is the place where Sherlyn Chopra gets her picture clicked for the cover of Playboy and says had my father been alive, he would have been extremely proud of me. India is the place where the media celebrates the birthday of a foreign porn star. India is the place where a woman like Poonam Pandey openly speaks about stripping herself naked," read the post.
The last line of the post read: "India is the place where the top leaders of the country are puppets in the hands of a (dayan) witch," referring to UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held
- Rajasthan Royals to file FIR against tainted trio
- If found guilty, BCCI to ask ICC to erase Sreesanth records
- Top cops among 42 named in death of blast accused
- Manmohan-Li talks: PM takes tough line on incursion issue
- Security forces blame Maoists, villagers say CoBRA man was killed in 'friendly fire'