BJP mouthpiece targets Gujarat Governor
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
The BJP's mouthpiece in Gujarat, Manogat, has launched an attack on Governor Kamla Beniwal, and said that all those who criticised CM Narendra Modi got rewarded by the Centre.
Prominent among the BJP's list of grudges against Beniwal are her appointment of Justice (retd) R A Mehta as Lokayukta and recommending prosecution of minister of state for fisheries Purushottam Solanki in an alleged Rs 400 crore fisheries scam. Solanki is contesting the Assembly polls from Bhavnagar Rural. A graphic display in the fortnightly issue, dated November 10, with the heading "Gujarat poochhe che, Congress pase chhe koi jawab? (Gujarat asks, does the Congress have answers?), listed 80 questions pertaining to scams like Adarsh Housing Society, 2G spectrum.
Another talked about how the BJP exposed a "Rs 1,000 crore worth land grabbing scam of Beniwal in Jaipur".
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet