BJP MP seeks action against Setalvad
- Spot-fixing: Chandila was in touch with four sets of bookies, says Delhi Police
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives, to hold talks with PM on boundary, water issues
- IPL 2013: Delhi Daredevils crash to defeat, finish last
- Jaganmohan's wife attacks CBI, accuses it of working at Congress behest
- Blast accused death: UP govt seeks CBI probe, FIR against 42 persons
Rupala told The Indian Express he had not received any reply from Home Secretary R K Singh. However, he said, Setalvad has been creating trouble in Gujarat and action should be taken against her for violating FCRA norms.
Speaker to address training session for Congress MLAs
State Assembly Speaker Vaju Vala will be addressing a training programme of Congress MLAs at Mehsana Water Park on February 19.
The programme is being organised by Congress Legislative Party (CLP) leader Shankersinh Vaghela. All the 59 MLAs of the Congress have been asked to attend the training session being organised to make the legislators aware of various provisions of the state Assembly to improve their performance. Gayasuddin Sheikh, a Congress MLA, said many of the legislators were not able to ask questions because of the lack of knowledge about the functioning of the House.
When contacted, state Congress president Arjun Modhwadia said the Assembly Speaker was always considered to be neutral. That was why Vala, despite having been elected on BJP ticket, had been invited, he said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet