BJP MP, wife booked for attack on BSP leader
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Following the attack on BSP leader Manoj Nyangali in Rajgarh town on Sunday evening, an FIR was lodged against BJP MP from Churu Ram Singh Kaswan and his wife Kamla Kaswan, BJP MLA from Rajgarh.
Nyangali's family filed the complaint and also told the police that the two families had political rivalry.
The case is not being entrusted with the local police as a sitting MP and MLA are involved and it is slated to be handed over to the CID (crime branch) for a detailed probe.
In the FIR filed by Nyangali's family, it is also alleged that the local police shared information with the accused and thereafter nine constables were removed from duty and sent to the police reserve lines.
The family members also alleged that in 2009, an FIR was registered against Ram Singh Kaswan in a case related to the murder of Manoj's elder brother Virendra Nyangali which took place in February 2009 but the police closed the case without proper probe.
They said Manoj, who is in-charge of the party's Assembly segment, is planning to contest the 2013 Assembly elections from the Rajgarh constituency.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet