BJP protests fuel price hike, opens 'Sonia Sigri Centre' Indore
- Anti-corruption unit will now monitor access to players: BCCI
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors vs Delhi Daredevils
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
Protesting the Centre's decision to impose ceiling on number of subsidised LPG cylinders at six in a year, BJP's Cultural Cell today opened a "Sigari Centre" (coal stove) at Rajwada suggesting people to use it to escape hike in LPG prices.
A banner carrying a picture of Congress president and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi was put up behind the stall where BJP activists tried to sell "sigri" to the common people.
"If LPG prices continued to rise, the era of 'Sigri' would return and people would use either wood or coal for cooking food," an activist said.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet