Shiv Sena, BJP hit back at Sushil Kumar Shinde saffron terror remarks
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Michael Hussey, Suresh Raina propel Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
The BJP and Shiv Sena today slammed Union Home Minister Sushil Kumar Shinde's for his remarks on the involvement of the former in spreading 'saffron terrorism' in the country.
Shiv Sena spokesperson Sanjay Raut said that if Shinde has any evidence, he should show it.
"Shinde is the Home Minister. If he has proof then he should show it," Raut said, adding "we feel ashamed that he belongs to Maharashtra."
Criticising Shinde's remark, Leader of Opposition in the Maharashtra Legislative Council and BJP leader Vinod Tawde said, "If he has the evidence, he should appeal to the Election Commission to de-recognise the party."
"Terrorism has no religion or caste. I feel pity of him. If he has evidence then he should prove it. We are not spreading terrorism but we give answers to it," he said.
Speaking at the AICC meeting in Jaipur earlier today, Shinde said that "Reports have come during investigation that BJP and RSS conduct training camps to spread terrorism...Bombs were planted in Samjhauta express, Mecca Masjid and also a blast was carried out in Malegaon"
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held