BJP suspends Ram Jethmalani for 'gross indiscpline'
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Yesterday, Jethmalani had attacked the party for criticising the appointment of new CBI Director and said the government's decision has "averted national calamity".
On if there were more people in the party having a similar stand, Jethmalani said, "I am sure there are more. I am 100 per cent sure that there are many more, many more but all don't have the capacity to speak the truth publicly and openly."
Actor-turned MP from Patna Sahib, Shatrughan Sinha has joined Jethmalani and Yashwant Sinha in demanding resignation of party President Nitin Gadkari facing allegations of corruption, saying the issue raised by them should be looked at seriously.
"The issue raised by them (Jethmalani and Yashwant Sinha) should be looked at seriously," Sinha had told reporters yesterday in Patna replying to a question whether he agreed with the other two BJP leaders' demand for Gadkari's resignation.
Praising Yashwant Sinha and Jethmalani, Shatrughan Sinha said they are capable persons and have all the qualification to become Prime Minister of the country. "But among the present leaders in BJP, L K Advani is the best candidate for the PM's post," he had said.
When asked that Shatrughan Sinha did not mention Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi's name as PM probables from the party, Jethmalani said, "Modi is the best qualified candidate."
Taken aback by Jethmalani's outburst against the party, BJP had indicated yesterday that it may take disciplinary action against him.
"Jethmalani has been making statements against the BJP President and has now spoken against the two Leaders of the Opposition. We completely deny his charges against them. The party has taken serious note of his statements and strong action will be taken at the appropriate time," BJP spokesperson Shahnawaz Hussain had said.
Replying to questions, Jethmalani said, "I cannot speak for the party. I am a very small person in the party. I can't predict its action, but that does not stop me from
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held