Venkaiah Naidu drives Congress woman MP to tears
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
They continued to protest against the remarks even as Deputy Chairman P J Kurien asked them to sit down.
Satish Chandra Misra (BSP) said the Chair did not try to stop BJP members when they were interrupting the speech of their party leader Mayawati earlier, who was continually interrupted during her speech.
Naidu remarked, "I am happy that BSP is clarifying that they are not allies of Congress. But if they are not allies, what is their relationship?"
On this, Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs Rajiv Shukla quipped, "What is your (BJP's) relation with the Left Front."
Mani Shankar Aiyar too jumped into the defence of the government, which was retorted by Naidu saying that Aiyar who had joined Congress recently was like a new lawyer who was not given an opportunity to speak.
The Chair tried to calm the House by asking shouting BSP members to sit down otherwise he would be forced to adjourn the House. He said Naidu has rectified his remarks.
As BSP did not relent, Kurien said he will have to take action on which the members calmed down.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held