Blackbuck poaching: Salman does not appear before court
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Bollywood star Salman Khan did not appear before a court here in connection with the 1998 blackbuck poaching case in Rajasthan.
Salman's counsel Hastimal Saraswat said the actor could not appear before the court due to his pre-scheduled shooting plans.
"We moved an application in the court today seeking his exemption from appearing in the court on the ground that he was busy in shooting," Saraswat said.
The Chief Judicial Magistrate's court had to read out the revised charges to Khan and co-accused Saif Ali Khan, Tabu, Sonali Bendre, Neelam and two others in connection with the killing of protected blackbucks at Kankani village in Jodhpur
during shooting of film 'Hum Saath Saath Hain'.
The case will now be heard on March 23. Salman has been charged under Section 51 of the WildlifeProtection Act while others under Section 52 of the Act and
Section 149 (unlawful assembly) of the IPC
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held