Blake Lively new face of Gucci perfume
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
"Gossip Girl" actress Blake Lively has become the new face of Italian fashion house Gucci's upcoming female perfume, Premiere.
The 24-year-old will appear in a short movie directed by "Drive" helmer Nicolas Winding Refn, and pose for print commercials shot by famed photographers Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott, reported Aceshowbiz.
"In conceiving this fragrance I was inspired by timeless Hollywood glamor and the iconic leading ladies of Hollywood's golden era. Blake's unique style and charisma brings that allure to life in a very contemporary way," said Gucci creative director Frida Giannini.
Lively, who is currently dating actor Ryan Reynolds, is happy to collaborate with Giannini.
"I admire the qualities of the Gucci Premiere woman and feel honored to represent the fragrance," she said.
The actress joins the likes of Evan Rachel Wood, Chris Evans and James Franco, who are all faces of various Gucci scents. Her movie commercial will premiere at the Venice Film Festival on September 1.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet