Blasphemy! Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor marriage tagged anti-Islamic by Darul Uloom Deoband
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
Leading Islamic seminary Darul Uloom Deoband today termed as "anti-Islamic" the wedlock between film actors Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan, saying the bride did not convert to Islam before the marriage.
The Islamic institution located in Deoband, a town in Saharanpur district of Uttar Pradesh, said,"Kareena did not convert to Islam before her marriage with Saif. Islam does not approve of such marriages."
"According to the Muslim laws, since Kapoor has not converted to Islam, this marriage is anti-Islam," said Habibur Rahman, a senior cleric of the seminary.
Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor tied the knot on October 16. The couple got their marriage registered in Mumbai.
Although there were rumours that a 'nikaah' was held, Kapoor's close friend and fashion designer Manish Malhotra had said that there was a simple exchange of vows between the two actors, who have been dating for five years.
Saif, 42, son of late Nawab of Pataudi and former Indian cricket captain Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi and actress Sharmila Tagore, sealed his relationship with Kareena Kapoor, 32, at his residence in suburban Bandra through a registered marriage.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet