Blast near Afghan base kills 3
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
A suicide bomber detonated an explosives-laden car near a NATO base in southern Afghanistan Thursday soon after a visit by US Defence Secretary Leon Panetta, killing three, including a US soldier, and wounding 16, Afghan and NATO officials said.
His spokesman said there was no indication Panetta was the target. Panetta had visited Kandahar Air Base just hours before the attack, meeting US troops before the Christmas holiday. "The attack occurred after the Secretary returned to Kabul," George Little said.
Three foreign soldiers were among the wounded.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations