Blasts at UP courts joint work of Huji, IM: ATS
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
In the case related to the Lucknow blast, Tariq, Khalid and Akhtar are facing trial while Sajjadur Rehman was discharged. In the Varanasi blast case, investigation is still on.
The ATS has said that in the Faizabad case, the role of IM operatives Mirza Shadab Beig and Saifur Rehman Ansari came to light during investigation. It was found that Shadab and Saifur had planted the bombs at Faizabad court and HuJI operatives had played a role in providing the bombs.
In Lucknow, IM operatives Mohammad Arif and Ariz alias Junaid, along with four HuJI men, planted two bombs, the ATS has said. The ATS has said that one more IM man, Mohammad Saif, was involved in the conspiracy of Lucknow blast.
In the Varanasi blast, the ATS investigation has found involvement of IM operatives Atif, Sajid Chhota and Mohammad Saif.
The ATS has stated that they had served warrant-B challans, obtained from a Lucknow court, for bringing Mohammad Saif from Tihar jail in Delhi, but he has not been sent so far. Also, the ATS has been waiting for Mohammad Arif, who lodged in Ahmedabad jail, in order to initiate court proceedings against him in Lucknow.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations