Blow to Modi, SC upholds appointment of Lokayukta
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Madras High Court issues notice to BCCI, Sports Minister over IPL spot-fixing
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- Govt further cuts import tariff value of gold
"The learned judge, even if he did not approve of the 'my-way-or-the-highway' attitude adopted by the hon'ble chief minister, ought to have maintained a calm disposition and should not have used such harsh language against a constitutional authority...," the bench said.
Speaking to reporters after the ruling, Mehta said, "This is the victory of Supreme Court. It is not in dispute that we need Lokayukta in Gujarat and even government has accepted it." He also did not say when he would take charge of the post.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow