Body at home, mentally unstable mother didn’t know son was dead
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The badly decomposed body of a 47-year-old man was found at his rented house in Sector 37-D on Thursday.
Dewakar Talwar aka Sunny had been living with his mother, Lalita Talwar, who was said to be mentally unstable.
The body was recovered after a few girls living as paying guests on the second floor of the house informed the police about a body lying near the stairs of their house. As the police took the body to Government Multi-Specialty Hospital, Sector 16, for conducting a post-mortem, the mother came out and asked a police official if her son was dead, and then went back inside.
But when the police questioned Lalita, she said, "I do not know who this person is. He was smelling, so I pushed him out of the house." As per the police, the mother had dragged the body out of the house on Thursday.
"I asked her when was the last time she talked to Dewakar. A few days back, she replied. Then we asked her if he had eaten anything since then, she said no, he was just lying there," added the SHO.
The mother-son duo had been staying on the ground floor of the house since 1999. A portion of the ground floor was shared by Dr G D Mehta, a private practitioner. "I saw the body, and it seems to be nearly 10 days old. We never came to know about any such thing happening across the wall. Even our servants never complained about any smell," said Mehta.
Shubhanshu, the landlord's son, said, "Both of them were very strange. They paid the rent on time to my father. That was all the interaction we had with them."
The SHO said Dewakar's younger brother Tarun, who was living in Australia, had been informed. Their father had died a few years ago.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow