Body found in Link Road drain
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The body of a 35-year-old man was found in a drain along the Jogeshwari Vikhroli Link Road (JVLR) Friday morning. Police suspect the victim, who has no external injuries on his body, might have fallen into the drain and died. Meghwadi police were alerted after the body was fished out from the drain on the Jogeshwari end of the JVLR at 10 am. According to police, the victim appears to be aged between 35 and 45 and was dressed in a red shirt and grey shorts. Magnets were found in his possession, leading the police to believe that the deceased may have been a scrap collector who had fallen into the drain.
No other possessions were found. The body has been sent to Cooper Hospital for a post-mortem. Cops have have registered a case of accidental death.
- Destitute, orphan students outclass rest in Andhra Class 10 exams
- To re-energise ties, PM wants to visit US, waits for confirmation
- NIA court says no terror link, frees 'Hizbul militant' Liyaqat on bail
- CBI arrests its coal allotments investigator on bribery charge
- ‘Cricketer-bookie Amit may have used Jiju to reach Sree’
- BCCI chief N Srinivasan says police must prove spot-fixing allegations