Body of 52-yr-old man found in Surat
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
The body of a 52-year-old man was found abandoned near a water canal at Vesu Tuesday morning.
Police said an adhesive tape was found stuck on the nose and mouth of the deceased and there was a suicide note in his pocket stating nobody should be blamed for his death.
The body was later identified as of Manharlal Jain (52), a resident of Chandan Park Society on City Light road in Surat.
According to police, they also found a scissor from the spot. The body was sent to New Civil Hospital for post mortem.
The deceased's wife, who is a teacher in a private school, said he had left home Monday evening and failed to return.
Khatoadar police inspector C K Patel said, "The deceased was jobless for the last few months and was under depression. We have not found any injury marks on his body."
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held