Body of aspiring actor found in suitcase
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The body of a man was found in a suitcase in Mandawli in East Delhi, on Saturday, police said. According to police, the man was identified as Sumit Tiwari, who was pursuing an acting course from a private institute in Film City, Noida.
Police said Sumit had been reported missing from his Karawal Nagar residence since February 21.
The body was reportedly found in a third-floor flat in Mandawli. Police suspect that Sumit was strangled. Police said Sumit's father had approached police on Friday and informed them that he had received a ransom call for Rs 2 lakh.
"We have found that the call made from Sumit's phone. We traced the location of his phone to Mandawli and found the body in a third-floor flat on Saturday evening," a police officer said.
Police said the owner of the flat, Shantideep Verma, is absconding, making him the chief suspect at the moment. Police said he is a writer who has worked in some tele-films. Police said that they had registered a case of murder and investigations are on.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet