Body of newborn girl found in Jaipur hospital dump
- IPL spot-fixing case: Net widens, police watching 3 more players, other bookies
- IPL 2013: Imperious Brad Hodge powers Rajasthan Royals to qualifier
- Sonia Gandhi, PM Manmohan Singh slam BJP for disrupting Parliament, stalling bills
- IPL spot-fixing: 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief's son-in-law, say cops
- Jessica Lall case: Shayan Munshi to face perjury trial
Body of a newborn girl, surrounded by dogs who were trying to feast on it, was today found in a garbage dump behind the Umaid Hospital here.
Police found the body inside the garbage pile after by-passers, who also claimed to have spotted two bodies of infants, informed them.
Police have, however, denied the two infants theory and claimed that there was only one infant and that was a girl.
"We received information at about 9.30 am that there was a dead infant lying on a heap of garbage," said Investigating Officer (IO) Pabba Ram,
We rushed to the spot and found the people surrounding a dead infant girl behind the Umaid Hospital, said the officer.
Police have registered a case and handed over the body to Hindu Sewa Mandal for her cremation after postmortem, he said.
It is a matter of investigation whether the infant was born in the hospital or somebody else from outside dropped it there, the IO said.
We will inquire from the hospital to find out if the infant was born there, Ram said.
If yes, the police will also check for the involvement of any staff of the hospital.
But he has not ruled out the possibility of the infant being dropped there from some outsider.
"We also have to see if the infant was alive when dropped," the police officer said.
According to eye-witnesses, dogs had already devoured one of these infants whereas the other one was spotted before the canines could harm it, said one of the eye witness.
An eye witness said that they had seen the dogs running with an infant to elsewhere and when they rushed there, they found some blood scattered there.
I was just passing by when I saw some dogs on the heap of garbage, when I got closer after shoeing away the dogs, I found a dead girl infant and immediately informed the police, he said.
- Paddy shortfall blamed for mystery death of procurement officer
- 'Bookie' Vindoo was close to BCCI chief’s son-in-law: cops
- Net widens, police watching three more players, new set of bookies
- Suspected Islamists behead soldier on London street
- Malegaon 2006 case: NIA names four right wing terror suspects
- BJP invokes 'sarcasm, ridicule' against PM