Shocker: Rape accused escapes Bollywood style in govt chopper
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested
- IPL 2013: Final No.5 for MS Dhoni-led Chennai Super Kings
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: Accused Sreesanth claims innocence
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
An alleged rape accused, in a true Bollywood film style, fled in a state helicopter in full view of the senior civil and police officers from Rajouri town on Friday last. Identifying him as Mohammad Pervez of Thanda Pani in Manjakote area, sources said that Chief Minister Omar Abdullah has ordered an inquiry into the matter.
What is more shocking is that before he boarded the helicopter for Jammu, the accused was also paid Rs 5,000 as ex-gratia relief by the district administration.
Pervez, 25, was charged with committing rape on a woman at Kakora in Manjakote area on Friday.
The state chopper was requisitioned by the district administration to shift people to Government Medical College Hospital at Jammu who had sustained serious injuries in a road accident at Manoorgala in Kandi area the same day.
Danish Rana, DIG of Rajouri-Poonch range, told The Indian Express that the rape accused managed to board the helicopter along with seriously injured accident victims being shifted to Jammu for specialised treatment.
Holding doctors at the hospital at Rajouri responsible for the goof-up as they had referred Pervez to Jammu along with accident victims, he said that police were conducting inquiry into the matter.
An FIR may be registered in the matter soon, he said, adding that involvement of some hospital staff in helping the rape accused flee in state helicopter cannot be ruled out.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held