Bollywood wishes Eid Mubarak to fans and loved ones
- Rs 20L seized from Ajit Chandila relative's home, another ex-cricketer held
- Indian American teen Eesha Khare invents wondrous 20-sec charger, Google eyes bid
- India and China ask SRs to work on more border steps
- Can't charge man with rape over consensual sex even if marriage eludes: Supreme Court
- Saudi Arabian authorities refuse to accept new Indian passports
Bollywood stars today took to micro-blogging site Twitter to wish their loved ones and fans 'Eid Mubarak'.
Actor Shah Rukh Khan, who wanted to be back home to celebrate the festival, couldn't make it as he is shooting for Yash Chopra's untitled film in Ladakh.
"Eid Mubarak to everyone. May Allah fill your life with happiness. Look forward to reading the Takbirat in an open space in Ladakh. Insha Allah," Shah Rukh Khan tweeted.
"Eid Mubarak to all those celebrating today and advance wishes to others celebrating tomorrow. Inshallah Allah will accept your fasts and prayers. Have a blessed day!" tweeted actor Akshay Kumar.
In some countries Eid is being celebrated today while for India the festival is on Monday.
Besides wishing, actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and megastar Amitabh Bachchan urged everyone to maintain harmony and peace in the country.
"Eid Mubarak.. Eid Mubarak.. Eid Mubarak..!! And among the Parsis, Navroze and for Hindu calendar, the beginning of auspicious month. Perplexing that most religious auspicious days fall in and about, together. An indicator for all of us to remain together," Bachchan posted on his blog.
Farhan said, "This Eid, please make the effort to teach and spread the message of peace, tolerance & humanity. Our country is in dire need of all three."
Actress Bipasha basu tweeted, "Eid mubarak! Peace and Happiness To All!".
"Eid Mubarak to everyone. Hope this year is filled with prosperity, happiness and celebrations!" said Priyanka Chopra.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled six balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held