Bolsa Familia program: India to pay welfare directly, aims to end fraud
Shah said a lot more work needed to be done before cash transfers could become a reality across the country. The identification drive needed to reach the vast majority of India's poor, and villages needed banking infrastructure and Internet connectivity.
"It is going to take time and it will happen only when it happens whatever the deadline. It will be rolled out only when these conditions are in place,'' he said. But if the deadline ``pushes us to fix the lacunae that currently hamper the roll out of cash transfer, then we're in the right direction.''
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune guarantee, Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95 lakh on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry and paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow