Bomb explodes in RAW office complex
- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- Jessica Lal murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- India seeks access from US to 26/11 terror convicts Headley, Rana
- BSE Sensex falls 49 pts, Larsen & Toubro Limited shares hit by Q4 data
A bomb exploded in the office complex of the Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) and Special Bureau in Imphal west district of Manipur but no casualty was reported, officials said today.
The bomb, which was an improvised explosive devices (IED) was allegedly planted by suspected insurgents with a timer, went off yesterday partly damaging some trees but no one was hurt, they said.
The spot where the bomb exploded is just behind the Lamphel police station, they said, adding that an investigation would be conducted how the bomb was planted or hurled in the office complex of the Central intelligence agency in the high-security area.
The incident occurred barely 12 hours after a powerful grenade, allegedly hurled by the insurgents, was found on Wednesday last inside the heavily-guarded complex of the Manipur secretariat (south block).
Banned Revolutionary People's Front (RPF), political wing of the People's Liberation Army (PLA), in a statement claimed responsibility for the bomb attack at RAW office alleging the office was involved in informing the whereabouts of insurgents, strategy adopted by ultras.
Yesterday's explosion was the fifth of its kind by insurgents this month.
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow