Bonanza for house surgeons and medical interns in Punjab
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Narendra Modi holds talks with Advani ahead of BJP's strategy meeting in Delhi
- Aarushi murder case: HC rejects Talwars' plea to examine 14 witnesses
Junior doctors of medical education and research department in Punjab are in for Diwali bonanza with the state government today announcing five-fold increase in their honorarium.
According to the new orders, the Punjab government has increased the honorarium of the house surgeons from Rs 4,500 to Rs 21,000 per month whereas the scholarship for the medical internship students has been increased from Rs 1,500 to Rs 9,000 per month.
Medical and Research Education Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat said that the hike in honorarium of house surgeons would be effective from October 8 and increase in the scholarship of the medical intern students would be effective November 1.
The minister said the state government has also decided in-principle to further increase the honorarium of house surgeons from Rs 21,000 to Rs 30,000, but this increase would be effective from April 1 next year.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held