BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! tweets Kevin Pietersen after Test series win against India
- BCCI says it can't control bookies, promises to 'fix' guilty players
- Counter-terrorism to top Indo-US Security dialogue agenda: Sushilkumar Shinde
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Pune Warriors bat, Ashok Dinda back
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang arrives today, PM to seek early revival of border talks
- Telangana very much part of UPA national agenda: P C Chacko
England cricketers rejoiced their "monumental" Test series victory over India here and credited the whole team for the historic triumph after a gap of 28 years.
Almost all the players wrote on their twitter pages to express their feelings after the win.
"28years later! Such an incredible team effort!. ?
@kevinpp24 BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM," wrote Kevin Pietersen, who batted superbly in the England middle-order.
Matt Prior wrote, "Very proud day! test series win in India...special!!! As I've said before..it's 5pm somewhere in the world! Time to get on it! "
Prior also took a jibe at people, who had predicted that England would suffer a 0-4 whitewash.
"Where's that tweet predicting 4-0 win to India
@MichaelVaughan? The boys can't seem to find it?," he wrote.
Paceman Tim Bresnan was happy that he was part of the historic win although he did not play a major role in it.
"That is a monumental win for us. First time in India during my lifetime. Proud to play a small part in it."
Jonathan Bairstow said he has got some amazing moments from the tour that will remain with him forever.
"A day and tour I shall never forget! Absolutely brilliant!!,' he tweeted.
Debutant Joe Root, who was at the crease when the stumps were drawn for the final time in the series, wrote, "First test tour, Test debut, first series win.... Doesn't get any better than this! #comeonengland!."
Spinner Graeme Swann was also ecstatic.
"What a feeling, winning the series and get to see my kids again in the morning. Oh and the wife," the off-spinner wrote.
Fast bowler James Anderson, who played a crucial role in England's win, said the party is going to be long tonight.
"A truly amazing all round effort to win out here. Everyone has been brilliant. Lots of drinking to do now before 4am flight home!"
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet