Booth allotment: Details sought of action taken on ADC report
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Chennai Super Kings bat, Sachin Tendulkar still out
- Pune Warriors withdraw from IPL, 'disgusted' by BCCI's attitude
- IPL spot fixing: How Sreesanth splurged money on girlfriend
- Li Keqiang visits TCS, Cyrus P Mistry says China important for growth of Tata Group
Earlier, it was alleged that the report of the then ADC Shergill was one-sided as those who were named in his 700- page report were never cross-examined.
The Scam in short
While probing the allotments made between 2002 and 2007 at the Sector 41 market, P S Shergill had created a furore when he pointed towards the involvement of top politicians and senior officials in the scam.
The report had stated that the scam ran into crores of rupees, including money paid to politicians, police officers and officials of the Estate Office. The inquiry officer had relied entirely on the complainants, Dinesh Sood and Nathu Ram.
After a fire at the Bajwara Rehri Market on May 23, 1989, the first complaint to the estate officer regarding alleged irregularities was made in May 2005. The second complaint was made in November 2005. It was alleged that the list of 119 names was changed into 171 before the draw of lots in 2007. The complainants issued a legal notice to the estate officer in February 2010. The ADC submitted the inquiry report to the DC on February 24, 2011. The administration ordered a thorough probe after it was found that the inquiry had been allegedly conducted in a one-sided manner.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held