Box Office update: Vishwaroopam' improves slightly, 'David' dismal
- Trouble mounts for Sreesanth as Mumbai cops gather more evidence
- SIT to seek Supreme Court guidance on Maya Kodnani death penalty issue
- Tamil Nadu police bans Yasin Malik-linked pro-Eelam public meeting
- Kings XI Punjab end IPL 2013 campaign with a win
- Narendra Modi: India losing sheen as agricultural nation
The controversy surrounding the film didn't seem to help VISHWAROOP initially. For, the Hindi version of the film opened to dull houses in the morning shows, although the occupancy was better than the remaining releases. However, the collections showed a marked improvement in the noon shows in some circuits, which is a positive sign. The fate of the well publicised DAVID was worse, with the film opening to dismal houses everywhere. The remaining Hindi releases, which were limited to a few shows at cineplexes, hardly found any takers.
Both VISHWAROOP and DAVID will have to show a miraculous jump over the weekend, if they need to sustain in the forthcoming days. However, VISHWAROOP has an edge over the new releases, as per initial trends.
- Quake-hit and shaken, Bhaderwah spends nights in the open
- UP blast accused dies on way to jail, govt wanted to drop case against him
- Former civil aviation secy changes mind, seeks airport security exemption as EC
- BCCI suspects Gujarat players in other teams were also approached
- Police on money trail, Sreesanth in fresh trouble
- Chhattisgarh 'encounter' leaves 8 villagers dead, no Maoist link yet