Boy found hanging at Navoday Vidyalaya hostel
- IPL spot-fixing case: Actor Vindoo Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings
- Just in: Pune Warriors withdraw from the Indian Premier League
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- Supreme Court rules out ban on IPL matches, slams BCCI over spot-fixing
A student of Navoday Vidyalaya in Pipalkoti in Uttarakhand's Chamoli district allegedly committed suicide at his hostel, the second such incident in the state in three days.
The body of 16-year-old Sachin Butola, a student of Class
XI, was found hanging in the bathroom of the school hostel yesterday by a classmate, police said today.
According to a suicide note recovered from the scene, the student held himself responsible for his death, they said.
The four-page note says the student was taking the extreme step as he could not cope with the pressure of his studies, police said.
This is the second such incident in the state in the last three days as a girl was found hanging in the bathroom of her hostel at Navoday Vidyalaya in Tehri district on Saturday, they said, adding, both the cases are under investigation.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held