BPCL post 10-wicket win
- Former Ranji player held, Sreesanth and others to be produced in court today
- Li Keqiang pitches for more Chinese investments as he backs trade balance
- All eyes on Narendra Modi as BJP set to discuss strategy for Lok Sabha polls
- SC agrees to hear PIL to stay IPL matches due to spot-fixing
- Monstrous tornado rips through US city of Oklahoma, 90 dead
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL) were the only team to record an outright win on the final day of the Times Shield Division 'A' first round matches as they crushed DY Patil 'A' by 10 wickets at the DY Patil ground in Nerul on Wednesday. All other three matches, despite Indian Oil's dominance ended in draws.
Having started off the day at 50 for 3, still 94 runs in arrears, the hosts were eventually bowled out for 172 with Siddharth Chitnis being the only batsman to contribute a significant score of 66. Left-arm spinner Kiran Adav with figures of 4/30 and all-rounder Abhishek Nayar's 3/32 proved to the wreckers-in-chief for BPCL. The visitors then polished off the 29 runs required for victory without much fuss to post a comprehensive win.
An attacking century by Bravish Shetty, a knock that included 13 fours and two sixes, was the highlight of the newly-promoted Jain Irrigation's win over DY Patil 'B'. Jain Irrigation had already taken the first innings lead after having bowled out their opponents for 276 before Shetty rubbed it in with his fine ton.
Meanwhile at the Western Railway ground, the star-studded Indian Oil outfit never looked in trouble of conceding the first innings lead against Western Railway 'B' after they had posted 449 for 6 in their first innings. Swing bowler Balwinder Singh Sandhu was the star with the ball, claiming figures of five for 64 as Ahmad Malick fell three runs short of a deserved ton for the rail-men. Indian Oil then put on 125/2 by stumps with Siddhesh Lad stroking 65.
Group 'A': Tata Sports 124 and 341 for 5 decl (Kaustubh Pawar 143, Sufiyan Shaikh 58, Sujit Nayak 62, Nikhil Patil 42) lost to Air-India 152 and 167 for 3 (Prashant Naik 50 n.o., Hrishikesh Kanitkar 46) on the first innings; Jain Irrigation 309 and 226 for 3 (Mosin Dodiya 55, Bravish Shetty 119) bt DY Patil 'B' 276 (D Subramaniam 70, H Vidut 46, N Parab 44, Pankaj Jaiswal 31; Amol Jungade 4/56) on the first innings; Group 'B': Indian Oil 449 for 6 decl and 125 for 2 (Siddhesh Lad 65) bt Western Railway 'B' 226 (Bhargav Merai 49, Ahmad Malick 97; Balwinder Singh Sandhu 5/64) on the first innings; D Y Patil 'A' 115 and 179 (S Chitnis 66, Anand Singh 36; Kiran Adav 4/30, Abhishek Nayar 3/32) lost to BPCL 259 and 29 for no loss by 10 wickets.
- 'Sophisticated' Indian cyberattacks targeted Pak military sites: Report
- Talkative Li quoted Weber, Hegel, Jobs, said PM is large-hearted
- Bihar food corp ends up with chaff as rice worth Rs 535 cr vanishes from mills
- In 7 lucrative minutes on May 9, Sreesanth bowled 6 balls, bookie made Rs 2.5 cr
- India and China ask border envoys to work on more steps
- Former Ranji player among 3 more held