- IPL spot-fixing: Chennai Super Kings owner's kin under police scanner
- IPL 2013 LIVE SCORE: Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Rajasthan Royals
- Jessica Lall murder: Actor Shayan Munshi, ballistic expert Manocha to face perjury trial
- BJP tears into UPA govt on 4th anniversary, says it lacks leadership
- BCCI was forced to encash Pune Warriors' bank guarantee: Sanjay Jagdale
The music of Kadal, on the other hand, is being talked about for Rahman's former soulful style from the '90s. Some of that, he says, was because the music was written while out at sea. "During writing sessions, both Maniji (Mani Ratnam, the director of the film) and I went out to the sea on a boat. The sea always inspires you," he says, with a laugh. "I wanted to go back to the kind of music that people aren't attempting anymore, simple songs with chord progressions and nostalgic music," he adds.
Film projects apart, one of the many things that brought Rahman into the spotlight last year was his association with Mick Jagger and a number of other musicians for a project titled "SuperHeavy".
- Fixing probe now reaches Bollywood, son of Dara Singh held
- BCCI cashes Pune Warriors guarantee, 'disgusted' Sahara walks out of IPL
- Sreesanth spent Rs 1.95L on clothes, bought friend BlackBerry, paid in cash: Police
- Delhi firm with MoD as client is linked to Pak cyberattacks
- After Infosys, iGATE sacks Phaneesh Murthy for sexual misconduct
- 2 weeks after harassment, Haryana schoolgirls return, cops in tow